By default the required power and the necessary pulling force of a Railjet (locomotive „Taurus“ 1116 and seven passenger cars) at a speed of 230 km/h are calculated.
- Suitable values for cars, bicycles and other trains you can find by „Make a choice“.
- With the default values you are able to perform a calculation immediately by simply pressing the button „Calculate“ or the enter key!
- You can do the calculation several times, too. Just change the values in the white fields!
This calculator uses SI units!!
Pulling Force and Power Calculator
* For these values set a minus in front of the number!
Instructions for this Calculator
- One oft the following items can be calculated if all the other values are known:
- Maximum speed. Normally the maximum speed is limited by the engine’s running speed.
- Power and traction force
- Maximum tractive effort on starting as a result of the coefficient of static friction.
- Possible acceleration
- Mass of the railroad cars
- Coefficient of static friction required
- The listed coefficients of friction apply only at relatively low speeds.
- As comma you have to use a point.
- When calculating, engine and drive efficiency can be considered. As standard, an efficiency of 100% is assumed!
- The calculation is only valid if the load on each axle is approximately the same.
- No guarantee can be given for the correct function – for corrections and suggestions for improvement, please use the contact form!
Comparative Values for Maximum Traction, Hourly Power, Mass and µH
Please note: the maximum traction is given in kN, the hourly power in kW and the mass in t! K is the abbreviation for kilo and means 1000, so 1 kW = 1000 W, 1 kN = 1000 N.
|Electrical multiple unit 4020||117||1200||129|
* Necessary coefficient of friction when starting, calculated from the given values.